06 April 2010

Thats that

I never ran out of idea for my post's title. Maybe its because i posted so little.

Todays Quote:

"I prefer rogues to imbeciles, because they sometimes take a rest". – Alexandre Dumas (1802-1870)

I'm not sure if i like any one of those. but when i think about it, imbeciles do annoys me more than rogue. Maybe its because i dont know many rogues compared to imbeciles.

I think Dumas always spoke my mind. People who don't get me at all should read Dumas or Dickens. Only then will they understand my POV.

Talking about reading, i'm so sad that I can barely read two pages a week. i used to be able to read the whole big chunk of book in the speed of light. I currenly had around five unread books. so unthinkable! I dont want to be like my mother who no longer read the moment life catched up with her which is like 26 years ago.

Our firm is like an art gallery in a library.
PS had a lot of books that i am so eager to sink my eyes into. However, its like seeing the heaven but cant get into it. I simply had no time to borrow one. heck, i didnt even have time to read my SPA notes for my SPA exam on the 10th April.
Maybe when i'm about to left the firm then I can ask PS if I can always drop by to borrow a book.

I hide my birthday date on facebook just now. However, when i saw that I still had many items that are missing for my Maison in Farmville i changed my mind. Instead of hiding it, i promote my birthday to encourage people to give me the items that i need in Farmville.
See, i'm so easy to please.

Short call went so well. My Mover aka my Master made a fuss at the High Court today. A lot of pupils today is from my alma mater so if i were to be embarrased at all the degree wont be much. However, i'm not embarrased by him at all. in fact i'm so proud of him. I was so amused and I won't ever forget the day I was short called to the Bar. Go AMY!!!

Hafiq said: "OMG Sarah, he is soooo like you!"

and yes, i do feel so very appreciated by my Master. Again, I am so very happy that I made the decision to move away from my previous predicament and consequently evade any possibility of having a hard time at chambering.

However, I was almost embarrassed by my previous post because at 6pm yesterday our LA called and said he couldnt be my mover. all of a sudden i feel so abandoned and have a very hard moments of figuring how to beg people at the court on 6th April to be my mover. AMY had confirmed that he cant be my mover around noon yesterday.
At that time I was at my alma mater's library doing a last minute research at a last minute request by NFE.
But, I didnt know that AMY's secretary was so fond of me. Upon hearing that YSY had left me in the lurch she immediately contacted AMY and told him about it. After AMY replied to her she called and told me AMY will come to my rescue! I was saved at 7pm.
I immediately texted AMY to tell him the details of my short call.
And I thought the practice of taking care of your pupil had died in this country.
I was the second pupil to arrived in the courtroom today and AMY was the second mover to arrive.
okay, enough about how we have so much in common. lol.

Anyway, there are many other unforgettable details from the night before my short call until the end of the in chamber hearing. However, i wish to keep it to myself.

So tomorrow is introductory session at Selangor Bar. I expect a lot of people from my alma mater will be there (i'll be using the word 'alma mater' a lot for a while because i've began to enjoy being a graduate and had not yet miss my alma mater. I know, i'm such a late bloomer. hehe) cant wait to catch up.

Btw, I dont care about comparing salary and who got a better deal out of chambering. All i care about is surviving it. I even formed a coalition with Nik. we kinda helped each other out after we graduated. we never even talked to one another when we were in the university. Me and Liza also helped each other a lot. it is so convenient that we were in the same firm and have different filing dates. because she can be my precedent and i can give back by collecting her things at the court, BC or State Bar when i filed or collect my things. it saved time and cost too.
When you are nice. the world will be a better place.
I am so random.

No comments:

Post a Comment