05 April 2010

DDay

I dont know particularly what had woken me up at 3am this morning. Its could be one of the reason here: light bulb of my sleeping lamp at the hall suddenly went out so I woke up to see that the house is too dark; or it could be the heat because i'm sweating despite two fans are directed at me.
But what had been keeping me awake til now is the heat and the scared feeling I had the moment i thought somebody might purposely put the light out to rob the house.
Despite the chill that I got from that, I switched on the light and checked the house. I know its no use if the robber is already inside but i rather know for sure if there is a criminal in my house. yeah, i know i'm paranoid. I'm thinking of installing alarm system in the house when i can afford it.
A lot will be going around this week for me. So i'm a bit pissed that i couldnt sleep to get through the first day of the week.
Today is my mother's birthday. I'm not sure if i'm going to parents' after work. maybe i'll just text her.
Tomorrow is my short call. the next stage that every chambering student must go through to be a full fledged lawyer. Liza said its nothing much. you just appear in front of the court with a lawyer representing you. you basically dont say anything. the lawyer will speak for you. My Master said last week that he'll confirm with me today if he can be the lawyer. if not, one of our LA will do it. Anyway, i'm just happy that i had one lawyer just for me. I heard some of us had to share one lawyer for five students. I dont think i'd like that although i dont have any particular reason. dunno, maybe i feel more appreciated by the firm.
Liza said, it will just be a short process. after that, i'll just have to file my draft order then i can go back to the office.
Anyway, I had to get done as much work as i can. so that i wont be buried in it by the end of the week. I had drafted an opinion last night. that should save my monday morning. but i didnt do research for my master and study for SPA. i'll probably flunked SPA anyway. its just a matter of the degree of how unprepared I was. So i think i'll research at the office.
The day after tomorrow is an introduction day at the State Bar. Its at 3pm. so maybe Liza and I will go together before lunch. I'm thinking a lot of our friends will be there too since I've met a lot of them who told me they are chambering in Selangor.
The day after that is moi birthday.
Liza said I have always been unappreciative/ungrateful whenever it come to birthday. She once gave me a cute birthday cake and i told her directly that i dont like cakes. A friend of mine gave me a teddy bear and after keeping it for two years in my closet at parents' i asked Liza if she wants it. when asked why i told her i dont know what to do with a teddy bear which is true. but she didnt take it. Although i do love the teddy bear when that friend gave it to me. An office mate gave me a cow sculpted mug and i told Liza that i wanted to keep it in its box and wait for anyone's birthday to recycle it as birthday present. she just rolled her eyes. why not? it was a prank anyway since i'm that fat. i'll probably give it to someone who is thin who wont feel anything if i gave him/her a cow mug. anyway, that didnt happen because i broke one of my mug so i just use that cow mug to replace it. I was encouraged by Liza's exasperation.
Anyway, I thought my closest friend should know how weird i am. they should also know what things that i'd like which is not much and not expensive. people can be so clueless sometime.
But dont get me wrong. I dont really care about birthdays. I just complaint when I receive things that i dont know what to do with.
So Liza said she dont want to give me anything for my birthday. I guess she sulked forever about the cake. haha. I know she's not reading so i can just say that i dont actually care. for me, coming through a door and have the whole room sing 'happy birthday' is heart warming enough (happened to me once and i was shocked seeing that a lot of people actually liked me).
last year i removed my birthday status from facebook on the first week of April. Its because i feel that i'll appreciate the person who wished me on my birthday without reading it from facebook. i think one person did. and thats enough to content me for the whole year.
This year, i'm not sure if i'll do it. I guess i'll just let it be.
well, this is just me. i'll only be satisfied with the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment