29 March 2009

Anak Abdul Karim

Dah dua kali aku salah sangka dengan anak abdul karim.
it would seem that my pre-judgment cannot be trusted when it comes to Anak Abd Karim. Usually my 'judge the book by its cover' or first impression or intuition works perfectly with anyone. if i like that person on first meeting there's 99.9% chance that that person is likeable by me.

First case:
it was during short semester in matriculation centre. i just took one subject for fun to ease my burden for subjects for my last semester. actually it isnt a burden, i just took it for fun. there was no usual friends during short semester so i was pretty much lone ranger. played the Sims 2 during my free of class hours. it can be said my whole short semester consist of the Sims 2. I used to like to sit in second row from the front. I noticed this one girl with dark aura all over her. hahah. so i thought to myself the first time i saw her 'okay, i want nothing to do with this one...'. from that day onwards, my brain completely shut down around her and thus i successfully ignored her existence. but funnily enough we always sat side by side. one day, yeah one day, she started a conversation with me. i mean, she asked something (forgot la if its about the subject or stationery). i was surprised by the tone of her voice. it was polite and soft. and i thought 'wait, this doesnt suit her dark aura or my first impression'.
after that she is a friend that stick to me until now through my ups and downs and pretty much there most of the time when i was in deep shit. how many years is it now? her name is
NURULFIZAH ABDUL KARIM.... and the rest is history.

Second Case:
This semester i took UNGS2050: Ethics & fiqh for Everyday life. this is the last of my UNGS subject. normally people do not take UNGS subjects during the final year. well, its all because of my dilly dally. furthermore, this is a second year subject. i am a person who is quite inconsistent. i mean, i took methods of da'wah (third year subject) during my first year. funnily enough i end up pretty much lone ranger again in this class. surrounded by juniors. so i pretty much ignored everyone because my first impression on them was 'this people annoys me' and 'they should be ashamed for being a Muslim' it was all because each one of them never help the old and fragile looking lecturer. they can just leave him with his forgetfullness in taking class key or his illiteracy of computer. never offering a hand. well, i was annoyed with the lecturer too, but i will be very sorry if something happens to him if i did not do anything so i'm the one who ended up being a doorwomen and technician pretty much the whole semester. anyway, there was an open book test one day. it covers topics that we havent learned. There was this girl that my brain automatically shut down against but she was always beside me in class. i pretty much didnt notice her existence until the test. somehow, i was kind enough to lend her my advanced notes because i had my laptop and internet with me. i had to pass my notes to her a few times. i was quite annoyed that i even witheld my advanced notes until some time had passed even though i'm not using them. at first, i just gave her the notes that we have learned and i thought that was kind enough of me. so anyway, one day (again), the lecturer announced that he wanted us to do a book review or chapter review and a presentation. i was quite pissed off because the semester is ending and i need to study for finals. on the next class i asked this girl is she had done hers. and told her that i might never do it because i had no time. on the next class, she offered to put my name on her book review that she had done. being a prejudiced towards her, i said i will try to do on my own first and if i couldnt i will contact her for her help but i gave her my details anyway. and she agreed. on the next class, she was about to submit her book review and Alhamdullillah she put my name on it because i have no time to do it. i asked if i can read it before she submit and she agreed (prejudice!!!!) and it was a good one. i complimented her work and asked 'why do you want to help me?' she said, 'because you helped me with my test'.... OMG i mean this is one person who know how to return a favor and i was so prejudiced! AND her work is such a great blessing for me because i REALLY had no time and will to do it. her name was IZZAH ABDUL KARIM. and i was left with a pang of guilt and asked myself 'was this karma? destiny?'.

by the way those two arent related at all and doesnt know each other. but another similarity is: both of them are from Penang. NURULFIZAH ABDUL KARIM = Georgetown. IZZAH ABDUL KARIM = Gelugor.
OMG i just noticed that they are from a town that started with a 'G'
should i freak out or what?!

p/s: but i mostly should freak out that i am writing this post when i should have been studying!

No comments:

Post a Comment