07 January 2009

Kesibukan

Its undeniable that being a Final Year student is not the same as being first,second or third year student. The life is hectic. The expenses is more. I had many assignments/ homework already which I dont know I can do alone or not.

Before I start rambling about myself I would like to invite everyone to take heed for the fate of people, fellow human beings in Gaza.
This is not racial or religious matter at all or per se. This is what us fellow human could do or at least could feel about it. whether we still had humane thoughts in our mind. whether we still had our hearts. Israel's attack on Gaza is unlawful in the eyes of God, other human beings and also Public International Law. We the ordinary people might not have much to do. It is in the power of respective governments to do something or not. Kaherah had shut it doors to the Palestinian. Thats just another country. The world is vast still. The duty to stop this atrocity does not lie on Muslim countries alone. other countries should speak out too. however, the duty is still more for the Muslim countries. We the little people might not make much difference. Regardless, if we act together there can still be difference no matter how small. It does not matter what is our religous belief. We can still work together. I dont like to be repetitive. However, I do feel that we should try to work on the advise of our former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad. We could put economic pressure on the superpowers if we want to. There are a list of major companies which have a track record of Supporting Israel. We could stop the war by boycotting the companies. Visit http://www.inminds.com/boycott-israel.html for detailed list and informations.
As for me, the boycotting is quite possible. I could switch the what little 'impugned' product i used to alternative brands. Plus, its all the more reason for me to frequent ordinary mamak stall and restoran ONLY. I was saying, these brands are expensive anyway. Why pay so much for something that actually cause the war.

Okay, back to me. The life was hectic that i am forced to memorise my class schedule this semester. this is something that i have never done. Maybe my brain just knew that life wont be easy anymore that it helped me to quickly memorise the schedule. Anyway, there are two funny stories in the midst of this hectic life.
#1 yesterday I couldnt find the venue for my first Jurisprudence tutorial. the confirmation slip states LR1.10 so i went to a LR1.1 class. I thought the '0' in the paper doesnt mean anything but heck it does! I was confident when i entered the class because i saw three of my Jurisprudence classmates. Irfan asked me if i was in the right class. I said 'no, I'm just staying here for fun' He thought i'm serious and i thought he was just being funny. A lecturer named AH entered and I never met my own tutor so I thought Prof AB must be really influential for having some experienced man as a tutor. AH started the class with a lecture and I started to feel that I'm in the wrong class. I had to stay for 10minutes listening to lecture when two friends walk in. I told them to sit beside me and I wrote a note about my situation. Kak Hanis told me to just leave my stuff here and get out for my Jurisprudence tutorial. I took my handphones and when I was about to stand up
AH: "okay sister, whats your answer?" oh dem, i dont even know what class i am in and whos this guy and whats his question is.
ME calmly answered: "I think he should take the action on the day the accident occured" AH: "well, thats not quite it..."
ME: "...the day after?"
AH:, "hmmm, yes! okay sister there what if...."
and he moved to the next target and i didnt waste anymore time and leave the class. I was in the class for 20minutes, answered a question correctly and i dont even know what class that was!

#2 The next story happened this morning. I came to Professional Practice class without Bankruptcy Act 1967. I didnt even plan to buy it. I just cant tolerate the ridiculousness of buying each statute that was being mentioned. I am so not buying any statute anymore. I havent even paid my tuition fee and my money is dwindling really fast. I came quite late so I had to sit in the back alone. The class started and SK started to question people that had no Bankruptcy Act then
SK: "Yes sister at the back, do you have a statute?"
ME: (urgh....) "No sir"
SK: "why?"
ME: "Because i planned to have its softcopy (and its free)"
SK: "Where do you intend to obtain the softcopy?"
ME: "Well, AG chambers website, google, CLJ.com"
SK: "and what if you cant find the softcopy?"
ME: "Well, I said I PLANNED to have the softcopy. If i cant find it I'll just BUY it." (everyone laughed)
SK: "thats how a lawyer should answer"
ME: (pretend i didnt just hear that)
SK: "so if you obtained this softcopy can you email it to me?"
ME: "sure, no problem. Whats your email?"
SK: "which one do you want? a professional or personal one?"
ME: (sensing a trap) "It doesnt matter as long as its email"
SK: (agreed and wrote the email on the white board)
ME: (saved)
later this day, i found the statute online and tried to email him but his email is invalid. I tried to google him for his email but only found his home address (I dont intend to post the statute. haha). Fiza said he tricked me about the email for being 'cool' in the class. well, i thought i should give the lecturer the upper hand since he's the guru and i'm just nobody. as far as i am concerned he can win. hahaha

1 comment: