13 May 2008

So Bizarre

Many years after my grandmother passed away, I still can’t quite accept the fact that she is lost to me.

One day, while me and my grandfather sat together in his house feeling lonely without her. Suddenly, we found that she is in front of our house. I was so happy seeing that she is back. My grandfather was happy too. He brought her in and we were all happy. However, she do not talk at all. She looked like she always did but she didn’t talk. Later, I realize that she is dead and somehow she came back like zombie. I told my grandfather that we must accept that she has died. My grandfather knew it but he wanted her to be with us. I said this is not our grandmother. She is dead and I don’t know what that come and live with us now. Somehow her body came but it was not her inside. When my grandfather finally gives up, we decided to bury her body that come to live with us. Even though it is painful but we let her go and bury her again. I cried while looking at my grandfather burying his wife. He cried too.

When I woke up I am relieve that the body of my grandmother did not come back and it is not real. I began to accept the fact that she had passed away. I prayed that she rest in peace. Suddenly, I was jolted by the fact that my grandfather too had passed away one or two years before. Looking back at that time, perhaps that dream means I have accepted my grandmother’s death but not yet accepted his death.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that. I am sure it must have been very hard for you to loose a grandparent. I know it was hard for me when my grandfathers died.

    ReplyDelete