17 October 2008

Blast



last nite we had a blast. its a dinner that was planned on the same day. truth is, i received my pay as a research asst. its done and so i submitted it yesterday along with all my claims. i am pleased with the money that i earned by my own effort although its just a small amount. i thought of giving back to people who had in many ways than one helped me going through my life and made me happy. so i decided to host a makan besar for them. they really made my day. i knew that the food was not lavish but they were so diplomatic because they enjoyed the food and finished everything. they complimented the food etc. well, the food was nice but had i had more money i could buy more lauk. i ordered ikan siakap 3 rasa, two telur bungkus, two sotong goreng tepung, one kailan ikan masin, 6 plain soups, 4 sambal belacan and a plate of rice for everyone. well its a fulfilling treat but since i didnt feel bloated so i guess they arent as full as i had hoped. lol. i would love to make all my best buds so full that they cant walk. well maybe when i had real job then. i could have buy the new jeans that i've always wanted but last nite i know immediately that this was worth it. well i didnt want to claim any credit on my action...coz its not like i treat my friends to a hotel or something. its just a gerai makan at the roadside. but they were really perfect last night. most of my friends could have just eaten at more lavish place but they didnt compare that with last nite. they created the ambiance that i had wanted when i decided to host the party. i hope they really for real enjoyed last night and had their stomach satisfied. guys, thank you and remember this my first but aint the last and it will get better if i earned better.lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment