13 May 2008

Outing gone dangerous

During study period for final examination last semester, I had a couple of adventurous and vivid dreams. I rarely remembered any of my dreams. Dreams don’t usually leave a profound impression on me upon waking up. However, after having some profound dreams in quite a short interval I decided to compile them in a blog. Later, I will also record other vivid memorable dreams that I have long before I have what I write here.

I was window shopping with my grand mother in my kind of shopping complex. My grandmother helps me pick a few t-shirts which I decided not to buy in the end. We just sort of hanging out together.

After a while we decided to go home and while descending the stairs to the dark parking lot there are a few suspicious figures standing. It was a few men wearing militant clothes. Nearing, I saw one of them holding a machine gun. I grabbed my grandmother’s hand and run to our car. We escaped the men who were beginning to run after us.

However, as if that is not scary enough I suddenly found myself inside the shopping complex again with my grandmother. Again we found ourselves descending the stairs. This time I knew there will be militants but we still go on. Naturally, as if they were expecting us this time we did not manage to escape.

We were pushed to join a few hundreds unlucky shoppers: men, women and children outside the shopping complex. There were riots on the street. There were papers flying around. We were surrounded by many green clothed militant holding machine guns. The cars and busses that pass through the area speed as fast as they can to avoid the riot.

Apparently we are all kidnapped to be the militant’s banner man. We are told to hold all kinds of banners for their cause. They wanted civilian to do this because their number were small and wanted to avoid lost of men at all cost. They do not care if we were to die or mistaken as militant. Since we were going to die if we do not do what we were told I proceed with the instruction. We marched to the street holding banners. A bus speed passing us and a few male hostages hops on the bus to escape. When I saw this, I think it’s an opportunity. So I waited for another bus and told my grandmother that we will also jump on the bus. Another bus did come and I jumped on it. However, my grandmother did not manage to do the same. The bus driver mercifully slowed down so that she can catch up. I was shouting for her to grab my hand. She was unable to catch up. She kept shouting telling me to leave her and save myself. Suddenly, without thinking I jumped down from the bus. It sped off leaving us. I ran towards her. The dream ended with us waiting to face our fate for trying to escape.

Upon waking up, I suddenly remember that my grandmother had passed away seven years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment